Friday, January 22, 2010

Hello Birds, tutorial

In our class in school we made birdhouses and birds with the children,

needle felt bird in lovely house

My colleague made the beautiful houses with them,

birds in houses

And I needlefelted the birds with the children.

They are really nice and easy to make! So here is a tutorial;

You'll need,

needle felt bird tutorial needle felt bird tutorial

Needle felt wool, feathers, a little piece of red felt fabric and a feltneedle,

needle felt bird tutorial

first make a little cocoon,

needle felt bird tutorial

Than take the feltneedle and poke up and down till the cocoon (bird body) is a bit firm.

needle felt bird tutorial

Now choose a different color for the wings and poke them to the body. One on each side.

needle felt bird tutorial

Take the scissors and make a cut on one side of the body.(the butt)

needle felt bird tutorial

Choose a feather and put it in the little hole (the butt). Than poke a bit on the wool to make the feather tight.

needle felt bird tutorial

For the eyes you can use beads or a dark color of wool.

needle felt bird tutorial

The last thing you have to do is take the small piece of red felt fabric
and cut out the beak of the bird. Sew it on the front, and the bird is finished!

birds

I know my English is poor but I hope the tutorial was clear?

Have fun making this little bird for yourself or with children!



Groetjes,


27 comments:

Jane said...

Hello Heleen your tutorial was brilliant thankyou Jane x

Gina said...

The birds and birdhouses that the children have made are absolutely gorgeous - such wonderful colour!

LiLi M. said...

Oohh wat is dat leuk geworden. Zo'n groep van die vogelhuisjes bij elkaar is helemaal zo leuk! Bedankt voor de tutorial, ik begreep het prima!

Marianne said...

Wat zijn die leuk geworden! En wat fijn dat je laat zien hoe je dat needle felting moet doen, ik heb het me steeds afgevraagd hoe dat werkte.
Prachtige vogeltjes.

Helen said...

Ooooh, I love your birdies!!

Hugs

dutchcomfort said...

Those birdhouses are really cute!!

the gaditan birder said...

Hello Helen!! Your visit is un pleasure for me!! These birds and birdhouses are marvellous, so sweet...!
A lot of kisses!
Carmen

KIRKEBY said...

You make such beautiful things. i am sure I will make these birds with my kids:-)
Have a nice weekend.

Maria

Unknown said...

your English is not poor - it's really very good (and far far better than my Dutch!)

What a sweet tutorial - and lovely idea for Easter too (which isn't far away!)

Roos said...

Goh wat leuk zeg, geweldig al die vrolijk kleurige vogeltjes bij elkaar, echt leuk gedaan, prettige weekend !

Elenka said...

That was very interesting. I've wanted to try felting, this looks easy enough. Good job.

Jessie Rayot said...

Your English is just fine, it was very clear. Thank you for sharing. The birds are very adorable!

Locket Pocket said...

What a lovely tutorial Heleen! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! Lucy x

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Heleen! Your english is excellent. I honestly wouldn't have known you weren't american (or whatever) had I not known already!

The birds are adorable...

Anonymous said...

Zoooo leuk én knap !!

Had hem hiervoor al gezien maar wat leuk dat de kinderen dit ook kunnen.
Wat een heerlijk vrolijk gezicht zo, dit is ook lente, toch !!;-)
En hoe er opeens een echt vogeltje ontstaat van zo'n pluisje wol, fascinerend !!

MM

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

Wow these houses are gorgeous! They did a great job, I love the colours and the patterns!

GwendolynKay said...

Heleen,
What a tweet, I mean sweet tutorial!
Blessings!
Gwen

Kathy said...

How perfectly wonderful! Nice job on both the idea and the well explained tutorial.

Hausfrau said...

I will definitely try to make some--they are so cute. Thanks!

em's scrapbag said...

What a fun project to do with children. Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Wat zien die huisjes er mooi uit!
Dit ga ik ook eens doen!

Christy Amular said...

very very charming tutorial. i love your felted birdies!

sallgood said...

Hi! These are so sweet! I'm an art teacher in Redmond, Washington, USA. I'm interested in needle felting with kids. How much were the kids able to do? I work with 6-11 year olds, 18 in a class.

Donna Perugini said...

Just wonderful! They made me smile! Thank you.

Pom Pom said...

Awesome! Thanks for the lesson. The birds are precious!

La classe màgica said...

Heleen Hola!!!!
Thanks for your congratulations in http://manualescanigo.blogspot.com/2010/05/gracias.html.

I wanted to say that we had done your tutorial of these nice bird houses, but at the time to do it, I did not remember your web, sorry! :-S :-D
So, thanks to your loving message because I can say now that your work has been a source of lovely inspiration and we really enjoyed doing this pretty project.

Thank you very much for everything! Een dikke knuffel uit Barcelona
Cristina :)

pg slot said...

สล็อต ทดลอง เล่น ระบบใหม่ปัจจุบันที่ได้สะสมเกมทดสอบเล่นสล็อตค่าย PG SLOT ที่ทดสอบ เล่นสล็อตฟรีสปิน ทดสอบเล่นได้ก่อนผู้ใคร ไม่ต้องสมัคร ไม่ต้องฝาก ทดลองเล่นสล็อตฟรี