Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thrift shopping,

Oh how time passes by so quickly! before you know another week has started.

This mornig we went thriftshopping and found this,

rose

And a lovely book from 1957 with all kind of nice carpenter ideas,

hop hop paardje

(I don't think anyone is ever going to make a thing, but I love the 50s pictures!)

doughters hanging office

And who is making all thes lovely ideas...

doughters hanging office dad's making it 1957

Yes the handy father while smoking a pipe!

And since I'm not a carpenter I'll stick to do some quilting

started quilting

Have a good start of the week everyone,

14 comments:

kristin said...

ahhh...vintage needlework. always a good find. i have quite a passion for them myself.

sewkalico said...

:-) That's a cute book! Love your quilt and your thrifted rose.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RG said...

Dear Heleen,
Hi it's Robyn from the ornament swap.
Would you please contact me? You email is set to no-reply. Thanks!!
hugs Robyn xx
daisyquilts at rocketmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I love you needlepoint rose. I wonder what you plan to do with it!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

The pipe is too funny! :)

I hope you have a great week as well! :)

Victoria said...

Fun finds!

Anonymous said...

Geweldig, die teksten bij dat bureau geval..

Nanette Merrill said...

Heleen this is such a lovely quilt. Hand quilting it makes it a masterpiece. I love it.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your hand quilting looks lovely! It is such a relaxing past time.

The French Bear said...

Beautiful quilt as usual!!!! Love the rose, and since I am not a carpenter, I'll sew too!!!
Hugs,
MArgaret B

Unknown said...

Great finds! I adore the needlework! Have a sweet day!

Unknown said...

Heleene You must check out Joy'sThoughtsandThings on my side bar of my blog. Joy is a wonderful traditional American style quilter. Very simple patterns that turn out so lovely. I think you will enjoy visiting. E

Eileen said...

We definitely have the same tastes. :-) Love the busy father with the pipe.
Your quilt looks so pretty in the hoop. Can't wait to see how you are quilting it.