Sunday, December 23, 2007

A family christmas group


I want to tell you about this crib. My mother made this group in the first year of her marriage, around 1959. she made the puppets from newspapers, a little iron wire and fabric.


First my older brothers, later my sister and me played each year with this group. Then about 25 years ago the first grandchildren came and they played with it for years.... and I'm sure when there will be great-grandchildren they'll also play with them!


It always gives me a special feeling to unwrap the puppets and place them under the christmastree!

After sharing this with you I wish everyone A Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Geweldig dat dit nog steeds in de familie is, en nog steeds in goede staat ondanks dat jullie er zo mee gespeeld hebben. Dit soort zelfgemaakte spulletjes, daar kan niets tegenop! Hele fijne feestdagen voor jou en je familie!

Unknown said...

I wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Anonymous said...

Fijne kerstdagen, Heleen!

dutchcomfort said...

Merry Christmas Heleen!